We at United Fiber are committed protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information including the privacy of services and websites’ users. To this end, we strictly adhere to this Personal Data Protection Policy, which ensures a high level of services offered, by strictly respecting the legislative framework. Personal data are collected and retained for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection and for specified, explicit and lawful purposes. They are subject to lawful and legitimate processing in a transparent manner always in accordance with the applicable legal framework while we ensure that appropriate level of security is applied This data is each time appropriate, relevant, convenient and no more than is required in view of the above purposes, and is accurate and, if necessary, subject for updating.
1. United Fiber information
Our Company’s detailed information, which processes its subscribers’ data for the provision of its services, are as follows:
Trade Name: HELLENIC OPENFIBER SINGLE MEMBER SOCIETE ANONYME
Distinctive Title: HELLENIC OPENFIBER MAE
Company seat: 106, Athinon Ave, Athens, 104 42
VAT no: 996690230
Tax authority: FAE ATHINON
and the information of our company’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) is:
Regist: 106, Athinon Ave, Athens, PO Box. 104 42
Email: [email protected]
2. Object of the Personal Data Protection Policy
This policy defines the terms and conditions, which are followed by United Fiber, for the personal data protection of its subscribers’ and the users of its services’. This policy includes the rules, based on which we proceed with any collection and processing of your personal data in order to ensure their integrity and confidentiality.
United Fiber reserves the right to modify and readapt this Policy, whenever it deems it necessary, while any such changes shall become effective from their publication on the www.unitedfiber.gr website.
3. Security Measures
United Fiber has taken all appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure compliance with the personal data legislation, as well as to achieve the appropriate level of security of its subscribers’ personal data and of those of third parties, whose data it processes, as well as of its website users’ data. It has also taken all the necessary security , in order to prevent access to personal data by anyone other than the appropriately authorized persons for this purpose and only for the processing purposes provided for below.
In addition, implements strict Policies and Procedures for the process of personal data and all the necessary measures controls have been implemented in line with the applicable legal and regulatory framework.
4. Legal framework for personal data protection
From May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) no. 2016/679 by the European Parliament and the Council for the protection of natural persons against the processing of personal data and for the free movement of such data applies.
Moreover, with regard to the processing of your personal data, Directive 2016/680 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons against the processing of personal data by competent authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties, etc, applies.
At the same time, United Fiber also implements the relevant national legislation, as it applies each time. Indicative legislation:
- Law 3471/2006 on the Protection of personal data and privacy in the telecommunications sector.
- Law 3917/2011 on the preservation of data generated or processed in connection with the provision of publicly available electronic communications services or public networks.
- Law 2225/1994 for the protection of freedom and response and communication.
- Law 4070/2012 Regulations of Electronic communications, Transportation, Public Works, as well as the relevant Regulatory Acts by competent Independent Administrative Authorities.
For the purposes of this Personal Data Protection Policy, the definitions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) apply.
“personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one whose identity can be ascertained, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identity identifier, such as a name, an identity number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors that are specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
“processing” means any act or series of acts carried out with or without the use of automated means, on personal data or sets of personal data, such as the collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, search of information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, limitation, deletion or destruction;
“controller” means the natural or legal person, the public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and manner of processing personal data; where the purposes and manner of such processing are laid out by EU law or the law of a Member State, the controller or the specific criteria for their appointment may be provided for by EU law or the law of a Member State; “processor” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
6. Method of collection and retention time of personal data
United Fiber collects, registers and processes different types of personal data, depending on the services you have chosen to receive.
These may be indicatively:
i. personal data, such as name, surname, address, telephone connection number, contact numbers, VAT number, copy of identity card/passport (or other corresponding legal document identifying personal information, product/service shipping address, which:
- concern your communications carried out by electronic mail and/or in writing,
- concern requests and/or complaints by you and/or third parties before competent administrative, prosecutorial, judicial and, in general, Public Authorities,
7. Purpose of processing your personal data
United Fiber may process your personal data, as required by law, as long as the processing is necessary for at least one of the following legal bases, namely:
- for the execution of the agreement between us or to take measures in response to a request you submitted prior to entering into an agreement, or
- to charge subscribers and pay for interconnections, or
- in order to comply with its legal obligation, or
- for the purposes of its legitimate interests, or
- to safeguard your vital interests, or those of other natural persons, in particular, when it comes to providing the authorities responsible for dealing with emergency situations, such as law enforcement authorities, first aid and fire services, the information necessary to locate the caller, or
- for the fulfillment of a duty performed in the public interest, or
- when you have granted your consent, such as indicatively for the purposes of advertising, direct marketing and in general commercial market research of United Fiber products and services,
- as well as when the purposes of processing are related to the provision of electronic communications services or the provision of added services value that you have specifically requested.
In the above context, United Fiber shall receive, retain and process the personal data that you provide directly to it or to partners acting on its behalf, in accordance with the agreements between us, for the purpose of providing relevant service.
8. Exercising your rights
With regard to the protection of your personal data, you have the possibility to exercise the following rights, such as:
- right of access, i.e. the right to be informed about your personal data kept in our files and to obtain copies thereof,
- right of correction, i.e. the right to request the correction of inaccuracies and errors in your personal data kept in our records,
- right of deletion, i.e. the right to request that your personal data stored in our files be deleted or cease to being used, subject to the more specific restrictions provided for in the General Regulation,
- right to restrict the processing of your personal data, again if the conditions provided for in the General Regulation are met,
- right to portability, i.e. the right to request from the Company the direct transmission of your personal data to the organization you will indicate, as long as these are technically structured, in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data, unless there are compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing that take precedence over your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or support of United Fiber’s legal claims.
To exercise the above rights in the protection of your personal data, you can:
- Send an email to the address [email protected]
United Fiber shall respond to your request free of charge, without delay and, in any event, within one month after receiving the request, except in exceptional cases, in which case the above deadline can be extended by two more months, if necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and/or the total number of requests. United Fiber will inform you of any deadline extension within one month of receiving the request, as well as the reasons for the delay. If it is not possible to fulfill your request, United Fiber will inform you without any delay and at the latest within one month following receipt of the request, of the relevant reasons and of the possibility of submitting a complaint to the Hellenic DPA, as well as of your right to appeal before the competent judicial authorities.
If your request is deemed by United Fiber to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, the company may impose a reasonable and proportionate fee, taking into account the administrative costs for its handling, or refuse to proceed with your request.
Finally, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA) [1-3, Kifissias Ave, P.O. 115 23, Athens, tel. no.: +30 2106475600, email: [email protected]] if you consider that your rights regarding the protection of your personal data have been infringed.
With regard to United Fiber resolving any clarification or answering any question about the current legislation on personal data, you can contact or submit a question to our company as follows:
- by sending an email to the address [email protected]
Our company’s website and other electronic platforms operate with internet cookies. For more information, please visit our relevant web pages regarding our use of electronic cookies